add to wish list | library


33 of 34 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below. As an Amazon Associate SA-CD.net earns from qualifying purchases.
 
amazon.ca
amazon.co.uk
amazon.com
amazon.de
 
amazon.fr
amazon.it
 
jpc

Discussion: Bach: Violin Concertos - Podger, Brecon Baroque

Posts: 39
Page: 1 2 3 4 next

Post by pgmdir August 30, 2010 (1 of 39)
Best prices are in England. I ordered mine last Friday. I'm really looking forward to this one!

Post by wehecht August 30, 2010 (2 of 39)
Me too! At about $12 including shipping (as pro rata part of a larger order) this is an amazing bargain.

Post by pgmdir August 30, 2010 (3 of 39)
I happened to email jared about this one,and I could tell by his response that he was really excited about it. So am I.

Post by pgmdir October 6, 2010 (4 of 39)
Got it today...Absolutely lovely! Exquisite recording as well. Read Castor's review. I couldn't agree more.

Bill

Post by Beagle October 6, 2010 (5 of 39)
Thanks everyone for pushing this into my basket. I love Podger's warm sound, and I already had an order open with Amazon UK:

The help file said open orders would be automatically combined BUT 'international orders' could not be added to.... I just spent the last half-hour cancelling my existing order and re-ordering three items plus this one. So there, Amazon! I did what you said couldn't be done.. but you could have made it more easy for me to spend more money ;-)

Post by pgmdir October 6, 2010 (6 of 39)
Beagle said:

Thanks everyone for pushing this into my basket. I love Podger's warm sound, and I already had an order open with Amazon UK:

The help file said open orders would be automatically combined BUT 'international orders' could not be added to.... I just spent the last half-hour cancelling my existing order and re-ordering three items plus this one. So there, Amazon! I did what you said couldn't be done.. but you could have made it more easy for me to spend more money ;-)

I am doing more and more of my NEW buying though the British sites---And saving money and frustration. Crotchet and MDT.

Post by Fugue October 6, 2010 (7 of 39)
I received my copy yesterday--it's a winner! I was afraid the one person to a part might sound too thin, but they make it work with their energetic performances. The sound is outstanding as well.

Post by channel October 7, 2010 (8 of 39)
wehecht said:

Me too! At about $12 including shipping (as pro rata part of a larger order) this is an amazing bargain.

It is a new release special price to help celebrate 20 years of our label. What better way than with Rachel. (plus there are no mechanicals I have to pay!)
jared

Post by Hercules October 7, 2010 (9 of 39)
I got mine in Hong Kong at around Euro $15 but I can't wait so I grab my copy 3 days ago, and waiting for Fischer/BFO Beethoven 4&6!

Post by hiredfox October 9, 2010 (10 of 39)
pgmdir said:

Best prices are in England. I ordered mine last Friday. I'm really looking forward to this one!

£8.99 at HMV - no postage! Got one!

Page: 1 2 3 4 next

Closed